Friday, July 24, 2009

How Not To Be Popular by Jennifer Ziegler

Recently I read a book called How Not to Be Popular by Jennifer Ziegler. It was whimsy, charming, and funny! Overall, I LOVED it! There was some not so great language though. My mom read it before I did, and she had to black out some words, sometimes even paragraphs. :( My mom would advise parents to read it first. Other than that, it was fantastic!
It was about a girl named Maggie Dempsey, whose hippie parents are constantly uprooting and moving their family all over the country. When Maggie was younger, she thought of it as a new adventure each time they moved. But now that she's older, she's getting sick of leaving all her friends over and over again.
So she hatches a plan.
When Maggie's family moves to Austin, Texas, instead of attempting to fit in her new school as she usually does, she decides to become a social outcast by dressing in outrageous outfits, and constantly talking to the wrong people.
But it doesn't exactly work out the way she plans...
This book is not only comical, but it teaches great lessons too. So go and read it! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment